If you have been wanting to know more about the Bank of America Nevada UI Debit Card (Nevada Unemployment Debit Card) or you have some questions bothering about your card, good you are reading this post right now.
In this post, you will discover everything you need to know about the Nevada Unemployment Insurance (UI) debit card. This will reveal what to do if you are yet to receive your card, replace your lost card, easy ways on how to login to your account online to check your balance, how to contact or speak with a Customer service representative, and lots more.
What Does Nevada Unemployment Debit Card mean?
The Nevada Unemployment Debit Card is a MasterCard issued by the Bank of America to pay unemployment benefits for the Nevada residents. This card is used by the Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation (DETR).
To get approval for this card, you must have applied for the Unemployment Insurance benefits in Nevada and have gotten approval before you are issued the card by the Bank of America. With this card, you can access all your benefits payments. This is because your benefits payments are applied to this debit card.
To get and use this debit card, you do not need a bank account. This debit card is however given to you to make purchases and withdrawals at any store or ATM points nearby. The validity of this card is just for three (3) years.
What are the Benefits of Bank of America Nevada UI Debit Card
There so many benefits you can derive from theBank of America Nevada UI Debit Card regarding getting your Nevada unemployment benefits instead of using the paper check through mail. Below are lists of some benefits of the Nevada Unemployment Insurance Benefits Debit Card.
- It is widely accepted in physical stores, online or by phone everywhere MasterCard debit card is accepted.
- You can use the card to pay your bills at any store or online.
- Withdrawal is easy at any ATM points, retail merchants that accept debit cards, sale terminals, and MasterCard banks and credit unions.
- Transfer of funds is made easy from your debit card to your own personal bank account.
- This debit card gives you control over money and help you manage your spending.
- No more check cashing fees
READ ALSO >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bank Of America NC DES Debit Card – NC unemployment debit card
How Does the Bank of America Nevada UI Debit Card Work?
You have to apply first and make sure you have gotten approval for your Nevada Unemployment benefits. Once the Bank of America confirms you have been approved, BofA will create a card carrying your name and then run all the processes for you to get paid since you have been approved to the Unemployment benefits. Upon your approval, you can now receive your benefits.
The Nevada UI Unemployment Debit Card will be mailed to you by the Bank of America through the United States Postal Service (USPS) the moment your first Unemployment Insurance Payment has been authorized. The card will get to your door post within 7-10 days.
Whenever it is time for you to receive your Nevada Unemployment Insurance benefits Payment on the due date, you will receive the money by Electronic Funds Transfer in your Debit card.
Keep in mind that the Nevada UI Debit Card is a debit card and not a credit card. You can even exhaust all your funds but when you have limited funds in your card. Do not try to use your card to make purchases that exceeds your balance, this is because your transaction maybe declined.
How to Know when a New UI Debit Card was mailed to me
If you have not received your UI Debit Card within 7-10 days, it could be because you have moved from your previous location to a new address. In this case, the US post office will not forward the card to your old address. All you need to do now is to call the DETR and change your old address and give them a new address so that they can now mail the card to the new address.
How to Activate Bank of America Nevada UI Debit Card
You can only activate your debit card only if you have received it. So if you have received the debit card, you can activate the card either by using the Bank of America Nevada UI Debit Card website online or by making use of your phone.
To Activate your Debit Card Online via BofA website
- Start by going to https://prepaid.bankofamerica.com/nevadauidebitcard in the web browser of your device.
- Next, click on the “Activate My Card” button at the top of the page.
- The next step is for you to provide your debit card number.
- Then, click on blue “continue” button.
- On the next page, to activate your card online and to confirm your identity and for security reason, you will be asked to provide some information which include the 16-digit number that is written in front of your card, the 3-digit card security number written at the back of your card and the last 4-digits of your Social Security Number.
- While activating your card, you will be asked to create a Personal Identification Number (PIN). This is the PIN you will always use when you want to make purchases or withdrawals at different ATM points.
- Finally, once you generate the PIN. Your card will be activated and you will be given your account balance and you can start using the card immediately.
To Activate your Debit Card by Phone
To activate your debit card by phone is by calling1-888-339-8569 toll-free.
READ ALSO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Discount Tire Credit Card Login, Application, Payment & Customer Service
Bank of America Nevada UI Debit Card Login
If you want to login to your Nevada UI Debit Card to get valid information, check your balance, view transaction history, file a complaint, or contact the customer service, and many more. Simply, follow the steps below to login to the Bank of America online portal.
- Go to https://prepaid.bankofamerica.com/nevadauidebitcard in the web browser of your device.
- Next, click on the “Sign In” button at the top of the page.
- On the sign in page, you will be asked to provide your “username” and then click on the blue “continue” button.
- Then, enter your “password” and click on “sign in” and you will be logged into your account.
In case you forgot your username and you are unable to login to your account. On the sign in page, click on the “Need Username” or “Forgot Username”, you will asked to enter your card number and email address to successfully retrieve your username.
How to Check your Bank of America Debit Card Balance
If you want to check your Bank of America Nevada UI Debit Card Balance, you can do it in three ways of doing that. They include;
1: Log in to Your Account
This first option to check your balance is by logging into your account online. To do this, follow this step.
- Go to https://prepaid.bankofamerica.com/nevadauidebitcard in the web browser of your device.
- Next, click on the “Sign in” button.
- Then, enter your “username” and “password”
- The, click on “sign in” to login into your account and then check your balance on your dashboard.
2: Contact the Customer Service
You can also check your balance on your card by calling the customer service at 1-888-339-8569. When you call them, your account will be reviewed. This service is actually free and no charge fee is involved.
3: Via ATM
One of the ways you can also check your debit card balance is by using any Bank of America in-network ATM close to you. To find a Bank of America in-network ATM, click on https://prepaid.bankofamerica.com/nevadauidebitcard/Home/Index.
Bank of America Nevada UI Debit Card Customer Service Phone Number
If you have any question or you have any pressing issue or you want to obtain your balance transaction and you want to call theBank of America Customer Service Center toll-free. Simply, call the following numbers;
Phone (toll free): 1-(888) 339-8569
TTY (toll free): 1-(866) 656-5913
Outside U.S. (collect): (423) 262-1650
The Customer Service is available for 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call the Customer service immediately if your card is stolen or lost.
Bank of America Unemployment App
With the Bank of America Nevada UI Debit Card mobile app, you can easily access your BofA prepaid account and also check account balance on your debit card. This is also known as the BofA prepaid app but before you can use it, you must make sure you are already been given your UI debit card balance. You can download this app either on Google play store or Apple app store.
Bank of America Nevada UI Debit Card Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When is the best time to receive my Unemployment Benefit funds?
There is no indication of the particular time your unemployment benefits funds will be available. Your benefits will be transferred to your card once approved when you file and a claim after you have met the requirements for unemployment. Although there is no indication of when you will get the funds but the timeline shows when you are likely to get your funds.
- Successfully file UI claim (week 1)
- File your weekly claim (week 2)
- Deposit to your debit card (week 2, if immediately eligible**)
- Continue filing weekly claims (each week your deposit will post to the card within 48 hours)
What to do if I don’t receive a debit card in the mail?
If after waiting for seven (7) to ten (10) days after filing your claim and you didn’t get. Kindly, logon to http://ui.nv.gov/css.html to confirm your address. But if your address is not correct, check the following below;
- Your card has expired, when the deposit posts your new card will be issued automatically.
- You will have to call the Bank of America to request or replace your card if you lost or destroy your card.
- If you have not received your debit card after 10 days since you filed your claim, contact Bank of America at 888-339-8969 or visit https://prepaid.bankofamerica.com/nevadauidebitcard.
- You have filed for UI in the past and your previous card is not expired, the funds will be transferred to that card.
READ ALSO >>>>>>>>>>>>> Talbots Credit Card Login, Application, Payment & Customer Service
What happens if I destroy or lose my debit card?
If you lost your debit card, contact the Bank of America Debit Card call center immediately at 1-888-339-8569 to report the loss of your card and also get it replaced. This may take up to seven (7) to ten (10) days due to the mailing time.
How Can I add Money to my Unemployment Insurance Debit Card?
You can’t add money to your Unemployment Insurance debit card. Only Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation can fund the card.
How Can I change my Debit Card Address with Bank of America?
You change your address by contacting the Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation (DETR – https://detr.nv.gov/) who will update your address from their system. Keep in mind that the Bank of America website nor by Bank of America customer service cannot change your address.
How do I Transfer Funds from the Debit Card to my Personal Bank Account?
If you want to transfer fund to your checking or saving account, simply logon to the Bank of America website and click on “Transfer Funds” option from the Account Summary page. Then, sign in to the page. Next, you will need to register a “transfer-to” account prior to performing your first transfer.
Once your “transfer to” account is authenticated (this can take up to 5 working days), your transfer will be made.
After you have transferred funds online, it can take up to 2 business days to receive your funds in your account, and the transfer cannot be canceled once entered.
If your account is a Bank of America account, the funds could be available the next business day, if not sooner.
A minimum value of $20.00 may be transferred.
Note that you can only transfer funds to a traditional checking or savings account owned by you at any U.S. financial institution
What happens to my debit card if it is mailed to the wrong address?
If your debit card is mailed to the wrong address, the card will be returned to the Bank of America debit card center.
The next thing to do is for you to go online to update your address or contact the DETR telephone claims center.
This may take up to 3 working days for Bank of America to update this information. Once you have done this, you can now contact the Bank of America Debit Card call center at 1-888-339-8569 to request a new card be mailed.
A replacement card will be issued to you. This may take up to seven (7) to ten (10) days due to the mailing time.
Nevada UI Phone Number
If you have questions about your Nevada Unemployment benefits, call the Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation (DETR – https://detr.nv.gov/) at the number below:
UI Claim Information, Related Questions, and Telephone Filing:
Northern Nevada: Tel (775) 684-0350 Fax (775) 684-0338
Southern Nevada: Tel (702) 486-0350 Fax (702) 486-7987
Rural Areas and Out of State Callers: Toll-Free Tel (888) 890-8211
Unemployment Insurance Appeals Offices:
Southern Nevada: Tel (702) 486-7933 Fax (702) 486-7949
Southern Nevada: Tel (866) 626-0629 Toll-Free