How do I create a new Gmail account? To sign up for a new Gmail account is easy, not difficult at all. Meanwhile, signing up for an account on the platform gives you access to other Google services like YouTube, Google Drive, and so many more. The Gmail account sign up offers users several benefits particularly in the area of email communication among users by sending and receiving emails to one another. Apart from personal usefulness, the Gmail sign up can also be used for business purposes. This helps you build a business reputation and gain customer trust using a Gmail email address as a business email.
Furthermore, Gmail sign up platform is free for every user and it gives you access to create multiple accounts with just one phone number. To create an account on the platform comes with two verification security which protects users from scammers and those who want to hack their account. On the contrary, signing up on the Gmail.com platform helps you store emails up to 15GB. What this means is that your email is safe and you can keep it there for as long as you want without malware or viruses destroying it.
Requirements for Gmail Sign up
- First and last name
- Desired Login details
- Mobile phone
- Alternative email
- Word verification
- Personalization option
- Terms of service
How to Sign up for a Gmail account | Create a Gmail account
To sign up for Gmail all you need to do is to create a new Gmail account. However, Gmail sign up new account requires you to have a reliable internet connection and an updated web browser. Meanwhile, below are the required steps to creating an account on the Gmail platform.
- Visit your official Gmail sign up page or gmail.com on the URL of your web browser.
- On the next page, the sign-up registration form pops up.
- Name: Enter your first and last name.
- Username: Choose your username which will represent your Gmail email.
- Password: enter your password and confirm your password. Please note, that the password should be at least 8 characters consisting of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and characters.
- Birthday: Enter the date of your birthday which includes the month, day and the year.
- Gender: choose and enter your gender, this includes Male, female, or others.
- Mobile phone: in this section, you need to enter your phone number.
- Your Current email address: this serves as an alternative email when you forget your password.
- Enter the captcha: this is the number you see in a rectangular box. Re-enter it in a small box provided by Google.
- Then, click on “Next” after completing the information. On the next page, set your profile
- On the next page, set your personal profile. This is optional. However, tap on the “Next” button.
- On the next page, a congratulatory page pops up.
- Then click on “Continue” to go to the Gmail.com inbox page.
After following these processes, you are automatically logged in to your inbox page. The Google mail sign up process also gives you access to login to the platform anytime. You can now send and receive email messages.
Signing in to your Gmail account
Since you have already signed up on the Gmail platform, you get access to sign in to the platform automatically. However, you can log in to the platform using the website – www.gmail.com or using the mobile app. Therefore, to sign in to your account you need to enter your username or email address and password.