How can I activate the ‘Dark Mode’ in Yahoo Mail or how do I make my Yahoo theme dark? The Dark mode in Yahoo Mail is a dark interface that is created for its users to customize the appearance and color scheme of the Yahoo App platform on their device. Recently, the dark theme has been the talk of the town in almost all the social media platforms and its widespread has also been stealing attention lately. However, to make Yahoo theme dark you need the updated version of your Yahoo Mail App on your Android or iOS device.
On the contrary, Yahoo recently added the dark theme to its features to all its users; the Yahoo dark mode is an interface that reduces the brightness of the screen as a way of improving the visuals by reducing eye strains and also conserves the battery of your device. Moreover, when the Yahoo theme dark is activated, it automatically changes the whole background color of the App from the basic white to dark gray color. Well, in this article I will show you how to activate the Yahoo dark theme on your device.
How to activate Dark Mode Yahoo Mail App on Android
First of all, activating the Dark mode in Yahoo Mail App on your Android makes it comfortable for every user. Apparently, you can make use of the Yahoo App or the web browser of your android device. The feature comes with a color swap of your Yahoo Mail account by giving it a customized look from the color scheme, layout, font size, etc. More importantly, you can use the dark mode on your Android or iOS device.
Turn on Dark Mode Yahoo Mail App
- Open up the updated Yahoo Mail App on your device.
- Sign in to your Yahoo account with your email address or Username and Password.
- A page pops-up, locate and click on the Gear icon at the bottom of the page.
- Another page pops-up asking you to choose ‘Personalization’ or ‘Themes’.
- Let’s say you click on ‘Personalization’. Select ‘themes’ on the next page.
- A page pops-up showing Light Mode and Dark Mode.
- Click on Dark Mode and pick the color you want on the color tab.
After completing these steps, the Dark Mode becomes activated on your Yahoo App for the Android device.
Turn on Dark Mode Yahoo Mail via Web Browser
- Go to https://www.yahoo.com on the URL of your web browser.
- The homepage pops-up, click on the “Gear icon” at the top right corner of the page.
- A page pops-up showing different “Themes” and “Colors”.
- Scroll down and tap on “Dark Mode”.
- Then, choose a dark theme from the “theme options” thereafter the dark mode becomes activated.
Additionally, after turning on the dark mode on Yahoo Mail via the web browser it automatically changes the background of your Yahoo Mail App. It then turns dark to the theme color selected.
How to Enable Dark Theme on iOS
Meanwhile, if you are an iPhone user you can also have the Dark Mode on your iOS apple device. But your iOS device must be updated to the latest version iOS 13 operating system.
- Go to settings on your device
- Scroll down and tap on the Display & Brightness button.
- Then, click on Dark mode on the next page. Please note: that the dark mode becomes activated and the settings automatically match the settings of your Yahoo Mail App.
- Open up the Yahoo Mail App on your iOS
- Locate the different themes and colors in the Yahoo Mail App and select one theme.
In conclusion, when you follow these steps it gives you a better experience of how to turn on the Yahoo Mail dark mode on Android and iOS device.