How can I download Facebook videos? Well, downloading videos from Facebook online has been very difficult for most users. Unlike other streaming websites like YouTube, Vimeo and many more. Users can download videos on the platform for offline view to their mobile devices and PCs. To download Facebook videos is not as easy as you think like you can do in other platforms. Although you can easily save pictures to your device but the only problem raging some of the 2 billion users is the inability to download videos on the Facebook platform.
Furthermore, to download Facebook video is free though there are several methods to saving the video on your device. On the contrary, users must make sure they have updated version of the operating system and browser. Meanwhile, there are instances you see an informative video or a funny video on your timeline, feeds and Facebook groups and you want to share it with others. But the challenge you will face is the inability to download it. However, in this article I will show you how to download a video on Facebook to watch later on your device.
Can You Download a Video from Facebook?
I know you are still wondering if you can still download video from Facebook. The answer is Yes. To save a video to an offline mode on your device is possible depending on your choice be it an Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows, etc. However, the first thing you need to do is to put your privacy settings to public. What you need to do after this, is to copy and modify the video link. This is applicable for Android, windows and Mac users. While, iPhone users use a third-party app for video download.
On the contrary, to download from computer is a bit easy compared to using Facebook App to save a video from Facebook to your device is difficult and laborious. However, on the Facebook website there is a Save video option at the top of the video post. This appears as menu button – a three dot icon at the top of the video post. Despite clicking on the Save video option, the option does not save the video on your device but save on Facebook platform so you watch it later.
Facebook Video Downloader
One of the ways of downloading video from Facebook is the use of the Facebook Video Downloader. The Facebook Video Downloader is a website interface set aside on its own for saving your online videos from Facebook platform without any software. The platform enables you save any public Facebook video from your timeline, groups, and feeds in standard quality. The interesting thing about the Facebook downloader is that you can convert Facebook videos to Mp3 audio files. Download videos on this platform is free.
To save videos using Facebook Video Downloader
- Find and locate the Facebook video you want to download.
- Copy the URL of the Facebook video
- Visit https://fbdownloader.net/ on your browser.
- On the next page, the homepage pops up. Then, paste the Facebook link copied on the search box interface (please note: inside the box, you will see paste Facebook video URL).
- Then click on the “Go” button.
How to Download Facebook Video using SaveFrom.net website
The Savefrom.net website is one of the platforms users can use to download Facebook videos. But it can be a bit confusing and difficult for some users. However, to do this you need to install the browser extension known as “SaveFrom.Net Helper!” App. To save a video, you need to navigate your mouse above the video and a green button will appear. When the button appears, click on the arrow and wait. Then, in 2 seconds the extension will search for available formats which you can choose from.
To Download using SaveFrom.net
- Copy the Facebook video URL from the browser.
- Visit https://en.savefrom.net/ on another browser.
- On the next page, the homepage pops up with a field box at the center.
- Paste the Facebook video link into the box.
- Choose the quality you want and click on the download button.
How to Download Facebook Video using Getfvid
The Getfvid downloader is a downloading tool for converting online video from the Facebook platform to Mp4 or Mp3 audio file format. The website also downloads videos for free. This is available for smartphones, tablets, PCs and other mobile related devices. On the Getfvid platform, there is a search box where you put your Facebook Video URL. All you need to do is to enter the copied Facebook video URL in the search box provided on the platform. One good thing about this website is that is free and operates a “No registration policy”. Meanwhile, you can also make use of the Getfvid Facebook Video Downloader.
- Visit the https://www.getfvid.com/ on the URL of your web browser.
- Copy the Facebook Video URL from your official Facebook page.
- Paste the URL in a search box on the Getfvid website.
- Then, click on “Download” button to download the video.
Getfvid Facebook Video Downloader Chrome Extension
To download Facebook video using the Getfvid Facebook Video Downloader Extension is simple. Just follow the instruction below.
- First of all, download and install the Getfvid Facebook Video Downloader Extension App and add it to your browser.
- Then, visit the Facebook page having the video you want to download.
- On the page, click on the “Download” button in color green.
- After clicking on it, you will be redirected to the download page where you want to download the video.
How to Download Facebook Video on Android and iPhone
To download video from Facebook platform can be difficult and most times come up with security issues. However, For Android users; the best way to download Facebook video is to make use of the web browser on your Android device. Meanwhile, for iPhone users you either make use of a desktop app known as Cydia Impactor. This app will request for your Apple credentials to generate a certificate third-party. You can also Jailbreak your apple device. But what you need to know that using these methods of downloading videos using iOS device are against the device security. On the contrary, you must have a working internet connection, a good web-browser or an updated mobile app. Meanwhile, to download videos the right on your Android and iPhone just follow the instructions below:
How to Download Facebook Video on Android
- Visit your official Facebook page using the mobile app or the website.
- Copy the video link from the website through the web-browser or from the mobile app.
- Open https://fbdown.net using another window tab of the web-browser.
- Paste the link copied inside the input box at the center of the page and click Download.
- On the next page, select the quality format you want.
- Click on the Download link and the video starts downloading.
How to Download Facebook Video on iPhone
- Visit your official Facebook page using the mobile app or the website on your iOS device.
- On the Facebook website or mobile app, copy the video link from the URL.
- Open https://fbdown.net in another browser that supports downloading.
- On the next page, paste the video link copied in the input box. Then, click on Download.
- on the next page, choose the quality format you want and then click on Download.
How to Download Facebook Video on PC
- First of all, login to your Facebook page on your browser and copy the video you want to download by right-clicking or by pressing CTRL + C
- On another browser, open https://fbdown.net.
- Paste the video link copied and tap on the Download link
- On the next page, select the quality format you want.
- Then, click on Download and it automatically saves to your PC.