MOVO Virtual Prepaid Visa Card is one of the very popular virtual prepaid cards in the United States and other parts of the world. Today’s post will take you through some reviews about the MOVOCash Virtual prepaid Via Card.
What is MOVO Virtual Prepaid Visa Card?
MOVO digital card is virtual prepaid visa card issued by MOVO cash through Metropolitan Commercial Bank, a proud FDIC member pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. This visa prepaid card allows users make all kinds of online purchases without them having an original credit or debit account number. With this card, you can shop online and make payment, send money and pay bills. All you need is just to reload the digital prepaid card and use it. To sign up for this card is easy and you do not have to add your credit check or put any collateral or any personal guarantor. This visa prepaid card is generally referred as the best “cheap” prepaid card according to NerdWallet. Meanwhile, it is generally termed as the “best for Secure Online Purchases” according to Thebalance.com.
Benefits of Movo Prepaid card
Signing up for a MOVO Virtual Prepaid Debit Account comes with so many benefits.
- No monthly free charge: cardholders do not have to pay a monthly maintenance fee once your account is active and running.
- Transfer Bitcoin: you can make this prepaid card to make direct Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash transfers to anyone in the United States.
- Direct Deposit: MOVO prepaid card enables you to sign up for direct deposit and also get your paycheck or government benefits directly to your bank account.
- Full-service Mobile App: with your Smartphone and the mobile app downloaded on your device, you can manage your account easily.
- Virtual Cards with CASH Card: this prepaid visa card allows you to make purchases online and on your mobile phone without giving out your card number. However, you will have to generate virtual prepaid cards for $2.95 each.
- Person-to-Person transfers: Transfer money to anyone in the U.S for $0.
RELATED”>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bank of America Nevada UI Debit Card – Nevada Unemployment Debit Card
Disadvantages of MOVO Virtual Prepaid Visa Card
Despite having some amazing features, MOVO Visa prepaid debit card has some downsides. You may have to get familiar with the following;
- No EMV Chips: EMV chips are meant to provide extra security for cardholders but it is unfortunate that MOVO cards do not have EMV chips.
- Limited ATM Cash withdrawals: you can only withdraw $500 per day max from any ATM in the United States, and $250 per day when you use international ATMs.
- Third-Party App is required for Checks: you will need to download a third-party mobile app known as Ingo so that you can easily deposit your checks. You will be charged 1% to 5% of the amount deposited whenever you use Ingo to process your checks. This depends on the how to amount you deposited and if it is a preprinted government checks.
- Mobile app Sign Up: to sign up for MOVO sign up, you can’t sign up using stores or on the movo.cash website. The only way to sign up is via the MOVO mobile app downloaded from Apple app store or Google play store app.
MOVO Visa Prepaid Debit Account Requirements
To apply for MOVO Visa prepaid card, you must meet the following requirements
- Must be 18 years or older
- You must be a U.S. citizen residing permanently in the United States
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Must have a US residential address
- Valid name, email address and phone number
How to Apply for MOVO Visa Prepaid Debit Card – MOVO Sign Up
Below is the step by step guide to apply for MOVO prepaid card especially if you want to open a MOVO Visa prepaid debit account for the first time.
- Go to https://movo.cash/ in the web browser of your device.
- On the MOVO website homepage, download the MOVO app from either Apple or Google play store depending on your device.
- Next, launch and open the app and click on “Sign Up for Movo”.
- The next step is to enter your information which include your mobile number and email address, create a user ID and password and then select your security question and answer.
- Click on “Next”.
- Read and accept the terms and condition and privacy statement and then click on “Next”.
- On the next page, type in your first and last name, gender, date of birth, home and mobile phone number.
- Then, click on the “Next” button.
- Enter your address and click on “Next”.
- Type in your social security number and click on “Next”
- Wait for some seconds, you will know whether your account is approved or not.
MOVO Visa Card Alternatives
There are other alternatives cards you can compare to the MOVOCash virtual prepaid cards. They include the following.
- NetSpend Prepaid Mastercard, WWE partner
- PayPal Prepaid card
- PNC SmartAccess Card
- American Express Serve
- Brinks Prepaid Mastercard
- NetSpend All-Access Account by Metabank
- BusyKid Prepaid card
- Control Prepaid Mastercard
MOVO Prepaid Visa Fees
Although transactions on MOVO does not come any charges especially if you pay your bills, make withdrawals with a bank teller, physical card replacements and ATM balance inquiries. However, there are other few charges fees you will come across as a result of the new changes and policy made. They include;
- Domestic ATM Withdrawal – $2, plus ATM subcharge
- International ATM withdrawal – $2, plus up to 3% of the amount withdrawn
- International Purchase Transactions – Up to 3% of the transaction
- CASH Card – $2.95 charge fee
- Inactivity fee – $4.94 monthly (after 90 days without a transaction)
MOVO Digital Prepaid Visa Customer Service
If you still have any questions about your account or the MOVO mobile app, you can contact MOVO customer service by phone at 1-866-533-6686.
MOVOCash Prepaid Visa Card FAQ
How Long will it take to get my MOVO Card?
Once your account is approved, your physical card will be sent via mail within a week. This card should get to you within 7-10 business days.
How can I set up direct MOVO Prepaid card
To set up your direct deposit, you will have to sign in to your account and when the MOVO app loads, click on MOVO load and then click on Direct Deposit. From this section, you can get the information needed and then provide it to your employer.
What is the Minimum and Maximum Amount I can Transfer with MOVO?
The minimum amount you can transfer is $5.00 and the maximum is $1,000 per day.
How Much Does it Cost to Transfer Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash with MOVO?
For every Bitcoin transaction, you will be charged 2% of the transaction plus $2 to transfer using MOVO.
Is it Possible to Transfer my unused CAH Card balance back to my MOVO account?
Yes, you can transfer unused funds back to your MOVO account. Simply, navigate to the CASH Card in the mobile app and click on Transfer CASH Card Balance.
RELATED”>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AT&T Reward Center – How to Claim Your AT&T Visa Reward | Check your Balance and AT&T Reward Status