USAA Pet Insurance Review
USAA Pet Insurance is specially made for current USAA members. This insurance type is often regarded as Military pet Insurance. This insurance policy helps protect the health and wellbeing of your pet anytime thereby increasing the life span of your dog or cat. This is because the policy grants you coverage for virtually all kinds of dogs or cats with chronic, genetic and congenital health conditions after a diagnosis is carried out even after your waiting period has ended. More importantly, you also get coverage for your pets if they get sick or injured.
USAA insurance saves costs and offers cheaper range of policies making it eligible for Pet insurance account holders enjoy multiple-discounts and other amazing offers. The amazing thing about USAA pet insurance is that it partners with a renowned pet insurance company called Embrace Pet Insurance to offer all kinds of medical attention your pets need according to your budget.
The downside of USAA insurance policies is that doesn’t offer unlimited coverage and come with an annual limit of $30,000.
How much does USAA Pet Insurance Cost?
USAA offers pet insurance offers pet health insurance that is very cheap which can help you save your money even after visiting the vet for as low as $1 per day. However, you can go for the premium package but it is dependent on certain factors which include the kind of pet you have, breed, their gender, age and where you live. Keep in mind that pet health insurance costs are charged based on risk assessment across all claims just like Human health insurance.
For USAA members, they automatically get the opportunity to enjoy 15% off their policy. Members with multiple pets or a current or former active duty military, may qualify for extra savings with a maximum discount of 25%.
There are instances you may not be able to go for pet insurance, and you want to take your Pets for treatments. Below is a list of how much it will cost you to take care of them.
- If your pets eat something poisonous like grapes or chocolate, you could spend more than $900.
- If the pets are suffering from heat stroke, the treatment for this kind of ailment cost more than $1350.
- If your pets swallowed toys and you want it removed, it will cost you nearly $1450.
- Surgery of any kind may cost you more than $1,000.
READ ALSO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> USAA Insurance Login – How to Login to USAA Insurance Member Account on USAA.com
What Type of USAA Pet Insurance Coverage Do I Get?
Before we talk about the types of coverage offers you get as an eligible member, we will like to state some of the benefits you can start enjoy once you are qualified for the USAA pet insurance.
This coverage gives you access to a personalized coverage where you can choose your own deductible and reimbursement options for protecting your pets and also get back 90% of all the bills spent.
Affordable and Diminishing Pet Deductible
Deductible is the first payment you make for treatment before getting your Insurance policy. This is the actual amount you pay before the insurance company starts paying the rest. At USAA Pet Insurance, you start with an annual deductible of $300 per annum and it is reduced by $50 every year until it reaches $0 without you having to make a claim.
Accepted Anywhere in the United States
With USAA Pet Insurance, you can visit any vet in the U.S. where you can get extensive plans that can protect your pets.
Now that you are familiar with the offers the coverage brings to you. Let’s talk about the types of coverage you can enjoy using USAA pet insurance.
What USAA Pet Insurance Covers
- Behavioral therapy
- Diagnostic testing and imaging
- Prescription drugs
- Alternative therapies and rehabilitation
- Chronic conditions
- Surgery, hospitalization and nursing care
- Cancer treatment
- Emergency room and specialist care
- Breed-specific conditions
- Congenital conditions
READ ALSO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How to Get Free Car Insurance Quotes – All You Need to Know about insurance car quotes
What’s Not Covered
- DNA testing or cloning
- Injury or illness resulting from fighting, racing, cruelty or neglect
- Cosmetic procedures, such as tail docking, ear cropping and dew claw removal, unless medically necessary
- Preexisting conditions
- Breeding, whelping and pregnancy
- Injury caused deliberately by you or any other person or pet residing in your home
- Stem cell therapy not deemed medically necessary
Routine Care your Pets Gets from USAA pet Insurance
Since USAA pet insurance partners with Embrace for your Pet’s health insurance. You stand the chance to earn a wellness Rewards that can be redeemed for the following:
- Grooming and training
- Routine blood work
- Flea, tick and heartworm treatment
- Vaccinations and titers
- Spay or neuter surgery
Easy Ways to File or Submit a Claim
- Visit any licensed vet in the United States
- Request for an invoice with the total amount you pay for each of your pet
- Fill a complete a claim form.
- Log on to your MyEmbrace account to submit and track your claim
- Get reimbursed via your bank account
USAA Pet Insurance FAQ
What is a preexisting condition?
Preexisting conditions can be defined in the followings ways;
(I) It can be defined as chronic conditions you or your veterinarian observes before the end of your waiting period.
(II) Illnesses or injuries that happened before the end of your waiting period
(III) Other conditions you may have previously observed but didn’t have a veterinarian diagnose.
READ ALSO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Geico Home Insurance Review (2021)
Is there a waiting period after I get a pet Insurance policy?
It is mandatory you observe your waiting period if you are just getting a new policy in order to prevent fraud. The waiting period starts on the date your pet’s policy become effective.
The following waiting periods are:
- Accidents — 48 hours
- Illnesses — 14 days
- Orthopedic conditions — Six months (Applies only to dogs. An orthopedic exam and waiver process can shorten it to 14 days.)
Is there an age limit on Dogs or Cats Insurance?
You can insure any dog or cat at Embrace. The pet becomes eligible once it is older than 14.
Why send me to another website for Pet Insurance?
Since USAA pet insurance partners with Embrace since 2014. Therefore, there are instances you will be referred you to Embrace in order for you to get the best service as a USAA member.